How does Koodo protect my privacy?
At Koodo, we work to ensure that all of our policies are fair and simple for our customers. This Privacy Commitment explains how we handle our customers' personal information and reflects our continuing commitment to protecting your privacy.
If you are a Koodo customer, we do collect and store some basic information about you that allows us to properly service your account. However, Koodo will not disclose any personal information without your express consent, other than in the following circumstances, to:
- your representative, or an authorized user under your account, if we are satisfied that the person is authorized to receive the information;
- another telecommunications company, but only if the information is used to establish or to efficiently provide telecommunications service, such as information required for porting services between carriers;
- another business unit related to Koodo – to help us serve you better or provide services from different parts of the TELUS company;
- a directory or listing service company for the purpose of listing your name, address and phone number;
- a third party used by Koodo to evaluate your creditworthiness or collect outstanding balances;
- a public authority or its agent – if Koodo reasonably believes that there is imminent danger to life or property that could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of personal information, such as in response to a 911 call; or
- a government agency or other third party, if required to meet legal and regulatory requirements, such as responding to a court order.
Koodo will use appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, strive to keep it up to date and respond to your requests for access. Personal information collected by Koodo may be stored and processed in Canada or another country. In either case, the information is protected with appropriate security safeguards, but may be available to government agencies under applicable law.
What are my choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes described here or in your Customer Service Agreement or our Service Terms. You can, however, ask to be removed from any of our marketing lists or directories at any time. You may also refuse to provide personal information to us, or withdraw consent to use information that has already been collected, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, if you do, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about Koodo's privacy practices, you may call 1-855-525-6636 or email email@example.com.
Why does Koodo collect my personal information?
We collect your information to:
- establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and provide ongoing service;
- understand your needs and preferences by maintaining a record of the products and services you receive from us;
- develop, enhance, market or provide products and services;
- manage and develop our business and operations; and
- meet legal and regulatory requirements.
What Koodo won't do with my personal information
Koodo will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above or in your Customer Service Agreement or our Service Terms, except with your consent. For greater clarity, unless you provide express consent Koodo will not:
- share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers; or
- use your personal information to enable third-party targeted advertisements.
© 2013 TELUS Communications Company